In order to protect animal welfare and uphold Canadian laws, please respect the following rules when posting an ad on PuppiesForSaleOntario:
The Animal Pedigree Act makes it a federal offense to sell an animal of a recognized breed as, purebred, registered, or eligible to be registered if it is not.
- The term "purebred" is a confirmation of genetic background and adherence to breed characteristics, in accordance with the requirements of the Act and the by-laws of the authorized breed association. When posting your ad, this means that you can only advertise your animal as purebred if it applies to this definition.
- The term "registered" is confirmation that all the rules of eligibility of the authorized breed association in Canada have been met.
- If an animal of a recognized breed is sold as purebred, registered or eligible to be registered, the seller is obligated to provide a duly transferred certificate of registration to the buyer not later than six months after the sale.
- PuppiesForSaleOntario does not permit any type of Breeding service (such as stud services) for any domestic pets.
- PuppiesForSaleOntario does not permit ads that indicate signs of or encouraging animal cruelty. We will listen very closely to our community for any reports of suspected cases of illegal practices or animal cruelty. Accounts may be suspended if the complaint is deemed legitimate. Thereafter, if appropriate documentation (e.g., health inspection) is not provided within 3 weeks, PuppiesForSaleOntario reserves the right to ban the account.
- PuppiesForSaleOntario prohibits the sale of puppies under 8 weeks old. Date of birth for these animals must be clearly stated in the ad.
- Please do not post for sale any animals that are on the endangered species list, Environment Canada CITES website, are wild animals, or animals that are not permitted to be owned or sold in any city in which the ad is being posted or could be considered dangerous to others.
- PuppiesForSaleOntario is not intended to facilitate uncontrolled breeding or irresponsible commercial pet trading. For this reason, dog breeders are permitted to post a maximum of three (3) breeds only on PuppiesForSaleOntario (including mixed breeds). Posting more than three, even if only three are advertised on the site at one time, is not permitted.
- As we cannot provide the proper screening and education required to the potential owners of these animals, PuppiesForSaleOntario only accepts ads for these breeds posted by recognized animal shelters and rescues anywhere in Ontario.
- PuppiesForSaleOntario does not allow any ads that offer shipment of animals. Animals may only be sold locally so that the transactions can occur in person.